POSITION TITLE: Operations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
LOCATION: New York
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: The Operations Coordinator is responsible for performing operational and logistics duties as well as scheduling field personnel, processing hours worked for field personnel, coordinating recruitment and national operations and logistics, and provides support for emergency operations and deployed field units. The operations coordinator will also be a liaison between local operations and the national operations team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phones and respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Complete in a timely manner all required company training.
- Be fully available for and complete all assigned festivals and events.
- Provide coordination and support to Festival Team as pertains to load-in/out activities, scheduling, and travel logistics.
- Staff national operations center or on-site emergency operations center as needed.
- Provide logistical support to nationwide events teams and serve as an asset management system administrator.
- Assist employees with scheduling, uniforms, etc.
- Complete personnel forms and forward forms to the Human Resource Department.
- Oversee recruitment and retention of staff to support local and national operations in all markets
- Assist Executive Director, Managing Director, and Operations Manager in day to day operations.
- Create and run daily and monthly staff schedules.
- Review and verify employee hours for accuracy.
- Create shift assignments and modify daily schedules.
- Oversee scheduling of staff at multiple sites in multiple cities across the country.
- Prepare and compile weekly payroll statistics, personnel statistics, absence reports, overtime tracking, and other related reports.
- Submit national timesheet exports to the payroll team and facilitate employee payroll inquiries and issues nationwide.
- Liaison with Recruitment to create new job postings, set wages, and keep all postings up to date.
- Reach out to applicants, conduct interviews, and communicate regularly with recruitment to oversee referral bonuses, addressing applicant questions, etc.
- Assist Recruitment with New Hire paperwork including I9 Section 2 Verification, drug screens, physicals, local policy, and procedures.
- Oversee the onboarding process including following up with applicants on unaccepted offers and missed drug screens.
- Oversee new hire orientation including the set-up of OKTA portal, mandatory compliance (HIPAA completion and certification uploads), employee account addition to scheduling platform and distribution lists, sending welcome emails to each new hire outlining the entire process, sharing company details and organizational flow, and setting them up with uniforms and ID badges.
- Process Personnel Action Notices.
- Process requests from Corporate and Regional Human Resources Departments, obtaining and distributing information and documentation.
- Process incoming inquiries about Standby and Special Events services and staff all events according to need.
- Maintain excellent rapport with local agencies concerning standby events.
- Report accurate billing information to the billing office on a monthly basis.
- Maintain event files.
- Obtain/maintain any and all endorsements necessary to operate all program vehicles in all operations states.
- Act as an NREMT-B on a part-time basis, as needed
- Perform BLS, AED, and First Aid Instructor duties.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Gain and maintain a strong working knowledge of all assigned program vehicles.
- On a basis as necessary, maintain all program trailers and vehicles in a clean and tidy manner, stocked to established standards, and ensure that all program vehicles remain in proper working order.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- High school diploma or GED. College coursework, desirable.
- Valid home state driver’s license without restriction.
- Experience in an administrative or operational role, desired.
- EMT-B, AEMT, or EMT-P state certification.
- Type 50 - 60 wpm.
- Knowledge of NIMS and ICS framework, coursework completed on these topics preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Excellent phone and customer service skills.
- Strong administrative skills with special emphasis on handling a variety of tasks efficiently.
- Strong initiative and follow-through skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Strong critical thinking abilities and leadership skills.
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.