Job Title: US Open Wheelchair Escort
Reports To: Supervisor Ops
Department: GMR Event Services
Location: Event locations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be a part of the prestigious US Open Tennis Tournament. A place where the best of the best tennis players compete for the US Open tennis world championship title in front of their fans from all over the world on the beautiful Billie Jean King Tennis Center Courts. To be a valued member of the exclusive US Open Staff family. To fulfill the customer services obligation for US Open customers who require a wheelchair either by necessity or for comfort.
***MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transportcustomers safely to and from required locations remaining alert to potential hazards which may cause an accident.
- Provide special assistance, general information, and directionsto customers as necessary to provide positive customer
- Project a positive and friendly image when interacting withcustomers, responding to inquiries from venue staff, and the general public.
- Coordinate with dispatcher for assignments regardingwheelchair assisted
- Comply with allgate/section checkpoint screening requirements and processes.
- Complete incident reports for accidents and out of the ordinary events while transporting
- Completewheelchair logs to document “pushes.”
- Must be able to lift, squat, stoop, push, stand, and bend throughout the course of a shift.
- Must be able to stand and walk throughout the course of a shift.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and/or hold 75 pounds or more.
- High School Diploma or equivalent may be required in some locations.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test as required (DOT or Non DOT) and submit to random testing requirements.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.