EVENT EMS FIELD SUPERVISOR
We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics! Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Work with the Manager of Operations to ensure that all Field Supervisors, Support Services Department, Field Personnel, vehicles, and equipment operate in an efficient and effective manner. Educate, comply, and enforce company policies and procedures. Make managerial decisions affecting the positive outcome of the company’s operations and take appropriate disciplinary action when required.
• Resolve issues/inquiries from field personnel regarding work assignments, vehicles, equipment, etc.
• Respond on an ambulance as part of the EMS system to meet compliance standards and provide quality care.
• Develop coordinated teamwork between field crews as part of an integrated operation – clinical performance plan.
• Investigate and resolve incoming customer service inquiries from fire departments, hospitals, nursing staff, and patients pertaining to field employee performance and patient care.
• Approve or disapprove shift exchanges when proper notice of request has been given after normal business hours and forward the changes to the scheduling coordinator.
• Coordinate EMS system availability of ambulances during disaster situations or MCI incidents and assist as directed by the incident commander.
• Respond as necessary to Haz-Mat calls, calls involving unusual circumstances, or calls with more than two units responding.
• Resolve scheduling conflicts that may occur during shifts to ensure continuation of the highest level of service and forward those changes to the scheduler.
• Maintain knowledge of all company policies and regulations ensuring consistency in interpretation of such when dealing with employees and the general public.
• Maintain knowledge of current EMS Protocols and Regulations that govern the EMS system.
• Maintain an “open door” policy to field employees and encourage crewmembers to discuss any issues, and make suggestions for improvement.
• Participate with new employee orientation.
• Coordinate with the field training officers and clinical manager to identify clinical opportunities for improvement, and provide follow-up as necessary.
• Act as a liaison between field personnel, Manager of Operations, and the General Manager.
• Meet with each Supervisor to schedule platoon meetings quarterly, with their crews while off duty at a designated restaurant. Provide a list of topics and meeting minutes for crew follow-up.
• Oversee day-to-day operations, resolving daily issues that may arise. Support and encourage field personnel, ensuring the standards of MedicWest Ambulance are carried out in the field.
• Oversee the Operations Supervisors and maintain continued training in administrative duties and daily operations.
• Assist in the oversight of Support Services and Dispatch.
• Oversee Investigations and Employee Performance issues.
• Oversee employee uniform accounts.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility.
• Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel, and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc.
• Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Current and valid EMT/Paramedic certification, state-approved CPR certification, BLS card, and Driver’s License are all required.
• 2 to 3 years field experience as EMT/Paramedic required with prior EMS supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
• Effective oral, written, and inter-personal communication skills, proficient understanding of county/state geography, protocols, procedures, and policies as well as CrowdRx's policies, procedures, and health and safety manual.
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled