Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) responds to emergent and non-emergent requests for medical assistance and delivers high quality patient care, treatment, and customer service in the most expedient, professional, safe, caring, and cost effective manner possible within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and Company policies.
- Follows and maintains thorough familiarity with evolving medical treatment protocols, response requirements, quality assurance procedures, local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and other Company policies.
- Operates Company vehicles is familiar with and abides by traffic laws governing the operation of emergency response vehicles.
- Develops ability to locate addresses quickly and safely through knowledge of number systems and street layouts with and without the assistance of maps and electronic mapping devices.
- Performs beginning of shift checks to ensure the ambulance is in a state of mechanical readiness; tops off fluids as necessary; ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are on board.
- Ensures the ambulance is cleaned inside and outside, restocked, and fueled at the end of each shift.
- Attends all mandatory training and in-service events.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment, treatment, statistical and billing information and services rendered.
- Appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway equipment/airway bag, IV, splints, bandages, and medications in rendering proper emergency medical treatment of patient.
- Communicates effectively with empathy and compassion to interview patients, their family members, bystanders, other service agency members and facility staff.
- Must be at least 18 years of age; some prior work experience in a health care system preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; strong listening and comprehension abilities, adaptability to quickly evolving situations, and strong decision making.
- Valid Driver’s License, State EMT certification and CPR/BLS certifications.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing the duties of an EMT.
- Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays, extended workdays.
- Ability to lift more than 200 lbs. with assistance.
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.