Special Events Team Leader
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment’s notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
CrowdRx staff work in a variety of locations including major sporting and concert venues as well as remote event sites. The Special Events Team Leader will act as a resource leader overseeing teams of staff operating at an event and may act as a shift lead as needed. In this role team leaders can expect to interact with both internal staff and venue staff to accomplish pre-determined action items to ensure quality patient care and event safety.
- Make recommendations to the Clinical Education Manager to improve various aspects of the training and QA/QI programs.
- This may include changes in specific study materials, technology, and standard operating policies, procedures, education, and training.
- Communicate company goals and standards of excellence through exemplary daily job performance, attitude, initiative, and demeanor.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and updating of site plans and emergency action plans.
- Provide exemplary patient care and customer service.
- Reinforce and uphold the goals and objectives of the new employee orientation program.
- Identify, evaluate, and/or remediate individuals who are not meeting and exceeding CrowdRx and GMR performance standards.
- Conduct field training, education, evaluation, and remediation of new and continuing employees.
- Help transitional employees to define basic skills and functions.
- Act as an educational resource for field employees and management.
- Facilitate the smooth transition for new-hire employees as well as continuing employees with expanding and/or changing job responsibilities.
- Identify risk components and take the appropriate action.
- Provide detailed paperwork on all activities to the appropriate management staff.
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Communicate site needs and supply requests to communications center or management daily.
- Interface with internal and external partners or agencies to collaborate on ongoing projects and operations.
- Act as a team leader and take responsibility for scene management as needed.
- Drive the on-duty vehicle as needed.
- Serve as site or venue lead as needed or identified by management.
- Coach and educate partners of new and changing information as necessary.
- Compliance and enforcement of all company policies and procedures.
- This includes compliance with and knowledge of information systems security.
- Attend information systems security training when offered.
- Report information systems security problems.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual team development that drives positive results.
- Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- 2 to 3 years field experience as EMT required with prior EMS supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current and valid EMT certification, state-approved CPR certification, BLS card, and Driver’s License are all required.
- Effective oral, written, and inter-personal communication skills, proficient understanding of county/state geography, protocols, procedures, and policies as well as CrowdRx’s policies, procedures, and health and safety manual.