Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, making a difference every minute of every day!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The NEMT Coordinator is responsible for answering all incoming calls and communication from internal and external sources and responding appropriately, while maintaining a professional, courteous demeanor. The Coordinator will also be determining requirements and mode of transportation. Utilizes scheduling software to manage members who utilizes Lyft transportation resources. Troubleshoots and problem solves transportation issues with health plan membership and external personnel. Coordinator must employ superior customer service and problem-solving skills for all interactions.
• Answer/handle incoming phone calls and other communication in a timely manner
• Copying, typing, email communication and distribution of all documentation.
• Interact with team members, other A2C department personnel, Lyft interactive team, members, medical facilities, and health plan members.
• Learn and develop proficiency with A2C & LYFT Transportation computer applications.
• Assist with managing recurring, short notice trips that are associated with Lyft eligible members
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures
• Deescalating all irate members and vendors. Apply active problem solving for one call resolutions
• Serves as a role model for students.
• Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality regarding student information.
• Executes assignments to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
• Demonstrates an appreciation of cost factors in the routine performance of duties.
• Assists staff with the maintenance of Program equipment.
• Responds and adapts to changing expectations and reprioritizes as necessary to expedite Program needs.
• Assumes responsibility for effectively addressing issues and solving problems.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• One year of previous inbound call center experience or dispatcher preferred
• Experience in a high stress and high call volume center preferred
• Prior dispatch/routing experience is preferred
• Advanced customer service experience preferred
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• College level education preferred.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
• Critical thinking/problem solving skills
• Ability to manage and provide follow-up on projects/tasks, set priorities independently
• Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
• Ability to learn and understand various computer programs
• Excellent customer service skills
• Collaborative/Teamwork orientation
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and ability to excel in a team environment with internal and external contacts
• Knowledge of medical terminology and services preferred
• Healthcare industry experience is preferred
• Must type 30 wpm
• Multilingual capabilities a plus
• EMD Certified or experience preferred. | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Work is performed in an indoor call center and office environment.
• Requires prolonged sitting, lifting and bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to listen and record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports
• Work may be stressful at times.
• e.g., Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Provider Network Manager
Interrelationships: Communication Operations
If your passion is assisting the public with their medical needs and you have the skills to deliver where every second counts, apply today!