Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Dispatchers receive critical medical transportation requests and relay that information to the medical crew serving the region. The candidates for this position must be able to work under pressure and remain calm. A higher than average attention to detail is required and the individual must be able to maintain sharp focus on all aircraft while in flight. Our Dispatchers are responsible for demonstrating competencies in operating all radios, information systems, and any related equipment associated with the Air Medical Communications Center.
• Meets customer needs in a prompt, professional, courteous, and respectful manner.
• Serves as a resource for our program partners.
• Excellent telephone skills and etiquette.
• Have knowledge of applicable sections of the Federal Aviation Administration regulations including Operational Control procedures
• Ability to rapidly and accurately relay flight request to appropriate transport resource.
• Participates in on-going staff development, maintaining up-to-date knowledge and skills.
• Promotes a focus on patient and crew safety.
• Assesses need for and rapidly initiates the post-accident incident plan (PAIP) when indicated.
• Clear, concise radio communications using appropriate radio etiquette which complies with FCC regulations.
• Represents Flight Com to both internal and external customers.
• Works well with staff in the Communications Center.
• Collaborates with Operational Control, Maintenance, Aviation and program staff to facilitate safe and efficient dispatch and flight following processes.
Quality and Data integrity
o Adheres to Flight Com policies and procedures to ensure quality through the dispatch process.
• Ensures integrity of both internal and externally reported data through accurate data entry.
• Maintains current knowledge of disaster response processes and participates in evacuation exercises.
• NAACS, IAMTCS Certification or industry accepted equivalent
• Emergency Medical Dispatch certification
• EMT-B, or Paramedic certification
• Proficient in any industry accepted dispatch software.
• Strong customer service skills with a high level of professionalism
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in an EMS/911/Aviation dispatching work environment or two years of work experience as an EMT or Paramedic in a 911 or hospital environment or minimum 2 years customer service experience or dispatching in a non-911 environment with at least 1 year experience in healthcare, EMS, or public safety.
• Ability to remain calm during highly stressful situations
• Ability to adapt and respond appropriately to evolving work demands
• Detail oriented
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to function in a fast paced, at times high stress, work environment
• Ability to have situational awareness with numerous units and situations
• Computer literate
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled